Thursday, August 3, 2006

The West End beckons

I'm heading for the smoke soon with my son James to see Billy Elliot again.

This is a real indulgence as it is second time, but he finds it irristible. He is a budding thespian aspiring to tread the boards, so I could not refuse.

He has recently joined Whizz Kids drama group in Cambridge and is waiting to have his professional photos taken and be assigned an agent. It is highly regarded and many of the talented kids end up with TV and film roles. I know James is good, but I don't know if he is outstanding enough, we will have to wait and see.

As a proud mum, I have enjoyed watching him play the Artful Dodger in Oliver and Bert in Mary Poppins. He does fantasise about playing Billy, but is not keen on wearing a tutu: he'll have to learn that's par for the course....

No comments:

Post a Comment